A Trusted Partner And Complete Pharmacy Provider
With 30 years of focused senior care pharmacy experience, we serve as a trusted partner and comprehensive pharmacy solution to skilled nursing, rehabilitation, post-acute, and transitional care facilities and residents. Backed by industry-leading technology, hands-on experience, and thorough knowledge of ever-changing regulations, our comprehensive long-term pharmacy services ensure accurate and timely access to medications, cost containment, and foster compliance with a best-in-class approach.
Leading Medication Availability
Immediate and secure access to medications. What you need, when you need it.
We lead the industry in medication availability for optimal adherence and outcomes among residents from admission through discharge. From real-time EHR integration and electronic prescribing to advanced technology for live order status and instant fills for emergencies and first doses, our goal is on-time medication access, every time.
- Emergency & First Dose
- Improved Order Reliability
- Real-Time Medical Record Integration
- Order Notification
- Next-Gen Order Management
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Electronic Prescribing
- Transitional Care Services
Cost Reduction & Containment Solutions
As your partner, we’ll drive the greatest financial value for your organization. You’ll consistently lower drug spend with our market-leading cost containment opportunities that identify savings from the first fill for the greatest impact to your bottom line. Value-focused formulary management tools, pre-admit assessments, and dispensing limits are just some of the ways you’ll realize crucial cost savings.
- Promoting Generic & Cost-Effective Brand Drugs
- Dispensing & Cost Limits
- Comprehensive Savings Reports
- Cost Savings Opportunities
- Pre-Admit Assessment
- 1:1 Billing Support & Accuracy
- Recapture Part D Guidance
Education & Survey-Regulatory Support
In today’s dynamic regulatory environment, we serve as an extension of your care team, working as your clinical partners in the field to enhance staff competency. Our range of support, like hands-on clinical advice, on-site risk reductions, online Continuing Education (CE) programs, and live educational events, adds an extra layer of reassurance and helps you stay ahead of risks and opportunities so you can remain competitive.
- Customized clinical support for optimal outcomes
- Staff education to advance knowledge and reduce risk
- Field support for state requirements and regulations
- Survey audit, preparation, and support
A Passion For Taking Care Of Seniors
With our dedication to excellence and passion for senior care pharmacy services, PharMerica offers an array of valuable services for communities and residents alike.
At every level and each touchpoint, the PharMerica team ensures the cornerstones of our care delivery system – medication availability, cost reduction & containment, and compliance & education – are represented in all we do. That’s because a pharmacy today is about more than just filling orders. A community’s future rests on successfully managing outcomes, spend, and risk. By partnering with us, we’ll help you stay ahead of opportunities.At every level and each touchpoint, the PharMerica team ensures the cornerstones of our care delivery system – medication availability, cost reduction & containment, and compliance & education – are represented in all we do. That’s because a pharmacy today is about more than just filling orders. A community’s future rests on successfully managing outcomes, spend, and risk. By partnering with us, we’ll help you stay ahead of opportunities.
Senior living operators face a number of challenges today, from rising acuity and liability to declining staff and occupancy. PharMerica’s pharmacy services were developed to help you successfully respond to each and every one with tailored service and support. From helping to launch PharMerica pharmacy services in your community with enrollment tools and a dedicated Account Manager to providing seamless access to next-gen technology for order management, reporting, and eMAR integration, we’re freeing up staff so they can have more time for residents. We’re also keeping them up to date with advanced online training designed specifically for nurses and CNAs.
We know how important it is for residents to stay on track with their medication regimens. Our guaranteed delivery 24/7/365 means your residents have the medications they need, when they need them, including competitively priced over-the-counter medications. We even package each order for individualized dosages.
If residents or their families have questions, our pharmacist consultants are only a phone call away for peace of mind. And, to make things even easier, we handle all coordination with insurance plans and prescribers to make sure medications are covered and filled as expected.
Streamlined Medication Management for Communities:
Daily Medication Delivery
Robust Over-the-Counter Meds
24/7 Pharmacist Access
Senior Living Pharmacy
The Most Pharmacy Expertise
In The IDD Market
PharMerica offers the most pharmacy expertise in the IDD market, helping to improve resident outcomes and functioning while reducing your organization’s risk. We provide pharmacist and nurse driven clinical support for nurses, staff, and consumers, and we provide the services of a certified developmental disabilities nurse as a resource to all facilities we serve.
Our Person-Centered Approach Makes Medication Management Easier For Individuals And Communities With Value-Added Products And Services:
- Specialized packaging and customized labeling that ensure the right dose at the right time
- Prescriptions cross-checked for allergies, interactions, and efficacy
- Dedicated IDD healthcare experts for peace of mind
- Prior authorizations, pre-shipment approval for non-covered items, and billing support ease the burden
- 24/7/365 pharmacist availability for extra medication counseling
- eMAR/EHR system interface
- Clinical consulting, education, and support
- Regulatory compliance and advocacy
With our robust pharmacy services, staff and caregivers can spend more time focusing on individual activities and quality of life.
A Trusted Partner
And Total Pharmacy Solution
PharMerica’s Hospital Pharmacy Services meets the pharmacy needs of over 100 hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, behavioral health hospitals, and other specialty care centers nationwide. With our industry-leading pharmacy services and resources delivered by trained pharmacist consultants and business experts, we’re helping hospitals provide superior care, cost containment, maintain compliance with state and federal regulations, and increase efficiency.
Our Offerings Include:
- Hospital Pharmacy Management: Specialized expertise in medication safety, drug utilization management, regulatory compliance, clinical and operational programs, workforce optimization, and new facility startups.
- Clinical Pharmacy Programs: Comprehensive drug therapy/disease management programs offering guidance on active antimicrobial stewardship, opioid stewardship, anticoagulation stewardship, daily interdisciplinary rounds, competency training, nutritional support/TPN management, kinetic and renal dosing, and medical advisory board support.
- Regulatory Management: Policy and procedure development and audit tools that help ensure state regulatory, CMS, and controlled substance compliance as well as The Joint Commission readiness.
- Financial Management: Focused assistance on inventory control, GPO compliance, budgetary analysis, staffing optimization, and multi-facility management through centralized operations
- Operations Management: Advanced systems and technology for automating medication distribution and pharmacy operations as well as an operations audit process and remote pharmacy services and oversight.
- 340B Implementation and Management: Expanding access to medication through the creation of 340B P&P manuals, full compliance HRSA-style auditing and pharmacy personnel training, on-site representation for HRSA/OPA audits, split-bill software implementation, pharmacy contracting, implementation, and compliance auditing of TPA programs.
What Is Specialty Infusion?
- Specialty infusion therapy services primarily involve the intravenous administration of medications that treat a wide range of acute and chronic health conditions such as infections, auto-immune illnesses, cancer, pain, multiple sclerosis, hemophilia and nutritional deficiencies.
- Medications are compounded in a sterile clean room environment, dispensed under the supervision of a local registered pharmacist and delivered directly to the patient’s home.
- Amerita coordinates visits by a registered nurse, the frequency of which is dependent on the treatment type and the patient or caregiver’s ability to safely administer the medication.
- These drugs do not fit into the retail drug distribution model as they are high- cost, may need special handling and require extensive patient training and/or administration by a clinician.
- Patients are generally referred by physicians, hospital discharge planners, home-health agencies and managed care organizations.
Amerita, Inc. is a specialty infusion company focused on providing complex pharmaceutical products and clinical services to patients outside of the hospital. This market is expanding rapidly and is driven by increasing healthcare costs that are moving patients into the most cost-effective delivery settings, a growing bio-pharmaceutical pipeline of infusible and injectable medications, an aging population and the recent addition of a Medicare benefit for these products and services.
Specialty Pharmacy Services
Onco360 is one of the largest, and fastest-growing, independent providers of Oncology Pharmacy services in the United States. The Company’s clinical and dispensing service model was developed specifically to meet the unique needs of cancer healthcare providers and their patients.
Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Louisville, KY, Onco360 dispenses nationally through its network of URAC-, ACHC-, and NABP Digital-accredited Oncology Pharmacies.
CareMed Specialty Pharmacy provides quality specialty pharmacy services by utilizing the unique capabilities of trained, licensed pharmacists to incorporate a broad range of specifically prescribed intravenous or injectable solutions while embracing the best pharmaceutical preparation techniques, analysis solution quality, and process quality control.
CareMed’s mission is to provide a seamless, integrated delivery system in today’s managed care environment. It is met through a partnership between the patient, physician, payor, and pharmaceutical provider. CareMed Specialty Pharmacy maintains Specialty Pharmacy and Mail Service Pharmacy accreditations from URAC, an independent, non-profit organization, and leader in promoting health care quality through accreditation, education, and measurement programs.
The OnePoint® Advantage
We Know That No Two Hospices Are The Same, So We Act Accordingly
We pride ourselves on being the hospice industry’s most innovative, flexible and comprehensive dispensing pharmacy and PBM provider, by offering:
- Customized options of local dispensing, mail order pharmacy and PBM services
- The lowest possible cost for the selected level of service
- The ability to change your service levels as your needs change
- Flexible, fully transparent pricing models including fee-for-service, per diem and others
- Unique formulary creation and vigilant formulary management
- Fully compliant drug reporting
- Clinical compliance to support regulation changes
Partner With A Hospice PBM
And Pharmacy That Cares For Your Patients As Much As You Do
Our goal is simple: Dispense medications to your patients quickly and cost effectively. When you partner with us, you can take advantage of:
- 30 years of dedication to hospice
- More than 200 pharmacy employees committed to delivering exceptional patient care 24/7
- 15 dedicated hospice dispensing pharmacies strategically located across the country
- Customized formularies
- Comprehensive inventory of in-stock hospice medications
- 99.997% medication dispensing accuracy
- Proven cost-saving programs